Vision, Mission and Values
That the people of Africa enjoy the highest possible quality of life through policies and practices informed by robust and scientific evidence.
To be a global center of excellence, consistently generating and delivering scientific evidence for policy and action on population, health, and education in Africa.
- Integrity: Espousing honesty and transparency in every aspect of our work and in our engagement with others.
- Ethics: Adherence to international ethical principles in all our research.
- Excellence: upholding the highest standards of dedication, professionalism and relevance.
- Innovation: striving to be at the cutting edge in research, capacity building, policy engagement and operations.
- Fairness: Maintaining impartiality and commitment to equal opportunity and the just treatment of all persons.
To translate these values into our day-to-day work, we strive to be:
- A center that engages with stakeholders throughout its work and that delivers on its
- Non-partisan and non-political, engaging in policy dialogue rooted strictly in scientific
- An equal opportunity employer that provides an open, supportive, and stimulating
environment for all staff to achieve their full potential; and
- An organization that promotes positive change through ensuring that its outputs have
local and global relevance, are accessible, and can be applied.
- Increased generation and synthesis of scientific knowledge on population, health and education in Africa.
- Strengthened individual and institutional research capacity in Sub-Saharan Africa for better generation and use of research evidence.
- Greater engagement with policymakers, practitioners, and other stakeholders for better utilization of research evidence in local, national and regional policy formulation and action.
- Enhanced operations and prudent management of finances, human resources, programs, and other services.
To achieve its mission and objectives, the Center brings together African scholars to take the lead in developing priority research programs and enhancing use of research findings for policy formulation and program improvement in Sub-Saharan Africa.