Community Health Workers
The African Population & Health Research Center (APHRC) invites applications for Community Health Workers in its SCALE-UP PROJECT in Korogocho and Viwandani. The study will begin in early June and will continue for twelve (12) months. Successful candidates will be required to work in one of the two communities.
Applicants should fulfill the following conditions:
- Candidate is expected to perform door-to-door visits and screening for cardiovascular disease via administering and interpreting basic health measurements including blood pressure, weight, height and blood sugar (training will be provided).
- Candidate will be required to provide counselling on healthy lifestyle to all respondents (training will be provided).
- Candidate will be encouraged to refer and follow up with all persons that they diagnose with a cardiovascular disease to ensure that they adhere with clinic visits and medication.
- Candidate may be required to facilitate support group meetings of patients diagnosed with cardiovascular disease in their village
- Candidate should therefore have basic English literacy and numeracy abilities and good communication skills. Completion of primary school should be mandatory and completion of high school will be an advantage. Fluency is Swahili is required.
- Candidate should be identifiable by the community as a Community Health Worker (CHW). Therefore any proof of experience will be an advantage e.g. a certificate of training, recommendation letter from an NGO etc.
- CHW who are part of community units and are registered with the respective health districts of Kasarani and Makadara will be given priority.
Applications can be sent by email to email@example.com or delivered to the address below and addressed to:
The Human Resource Officer,
The African Population and Health Research Center,
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, Off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru,
P. O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi.
Please indicate ‘SCALE-UP Project’ on the subject line of the email and the application envelope. Attach CV listing 2 referees, Copy of National ID, Copies of your academic certificates as well as other relevant certificates and testimonials.
Application deadline: Close of business on Tuesday 24th April, 2012. APHRC DOES NOT REQUIRE APPLICANTS TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS AT ANY POINT DURING AND AFTER THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.